Are you tired of the poor marketing tips being shared all over that simply don’t work? Marketing for attorneys is not easy, but with the right moves, you can land top-tier clients who will skyrocket your practice.
You do this by creating an effective marketing plan that works. This will help you grow your practice more effectively and ethically. Effective marketing will enable you to:
- Attract new clients and develop your business
- Retain and deepen existing relationships with yourclients
- Build brand awareness and recognition
There are many marketing strategies attorneys can use, both offline and online. However, one must remember that these strategies may not work the same way for everyone, so you’ll need to test them and optimize what works best for you.
For example, a Vancouver personal injury lawyer may use the mass market strategy and become a household name while another lawyer may try it out unsuccessfully.
That said, below are some excellent marketing strategies that work.
Find and work on a specific niche
You may get a nagging urge to do everything for everyone, especially when starting out. After all, you need to earn and grow your practice. However, you can succeed better if you focus on a specific niche.
Make sure that clients are aware of the niche you specialize in. This awareness can be created through your website, social media, advertising (online, TV, radio, out of home),digital PR among other promotional efforts.
Take advantage of the web
This is the information age and the internet is one of the biggest marketing drivers. Aggressive online marketing will take you far. In fact, when done well you’ll only need a fraction of the cost to reach as many prospects as you would on a similar offline campaign.
Below are some of the things that you can do to solidify your online campaign:
- Set up a website: This should be well done, clearly showcasing your greatest strengths as a lawyer in your niche. Make it as informative as possible since it will be one of the main points of references for your clients.
- Blog: Content marketing is on the rise. A well-done, helpful, thoughtful blog will set you apart as a thought leader and get you lots of prospects, leads and clients.
- Paid advertising: There are plenty of advertising avenues online. Some of the most effective include Google Adwords and Facebook ads. You can also practice cross-channel remarketing to take advantage of your warm leads.
- Search engine optimization (SEO): Set up your site such that it can be easily found in search engines. You may need to hire an expert for this.
- Social media marketing: The world has gone social. Almost everyone spends a chunk of their day on a social platform. Take advantage of this by carefully building a trustworthy social presence.
- Email marketing: The conversion rates of email are above the roof. Get as many leads as possible into your mailing list so that you can nurture them into warm leads and eventually regular clients.
Increased visibility and a strong brand name
Lawyers are known for their image. That’s why great lawyers dress up in expensive suits, speak articulately and drive nice cars. What will set you apart from any other lawyer? The answer is simple; visibility and a strong brand name.
Speak regularly on industry panels, events, and other places where prospects congregate. This can boost your presence and image. Increased visibility will translate into increased business.
Help local businesses, organizations, and the community. This will increase the likelihood of people referring you to others for legal services.Being visible in the right way will get you noticed, and in turn bring you high value clients.
Focus on customer satisfaction
Having satisfied clientsworks wonders for any business, including legal practice. Be clear on what your clients should expect and live up to those expectations. Satisfied clients strengthen your reputation.
Once you solve a few big cases, you’ll get increased referrals from people who matter. Such referrals will solidify all your marketing strategies. They come as warm leads who are more than willing to hire you. They tend to be more loyal and are likely to give you further referrals.
Nowadays, effective marketing makes the difference between a successful attorney and a struggling attorney.Take advantage of thisto attract new clients and grow your practice.
Find your niche, take advantage of the web and focus on customer satisfaction. Also strive to be a visible, strong brand that everyone wants to be associated with in legal matters. Do these well and you’ll soon be having a thriving legal career.