This is a truth that most of the people at some point in their life slip and fall accidents. This is not their fault as accidents like slipping can happen with anyone and anywhere. But there are many steps you need to take care of if you suffer from such an accident.
Many people accidentally suffer from such falls in many public places such as malls, large stores, and other public places. Sometimes such accidents happen due to the irresponsible maintenance of the owner. If you are a person who has suffered from a fall due to the slippery floor of a large store then you need to follow some important steps.
Now the answer to the main question that arises here What to do if you slip and fall in a store? is here in this article. Here are those important steps you take care during a fall in a large store.
Steps you need to take care of after a fall accident:
- Seek a medical treatment: The first and most important thing you need to do is seek medical treatment. Your health should be your topmost priority after a fall accident. Don’t wait to see a doctor if you get hurt by the fall. The doctor will be helpful in the proper treatment of the injury. A medical record of doctor will also help seek compensation for your injuries.
- Report the accident: Always make sure to report the fall accident to the owner or manager of the place no matter where it has happened whether it is a mall, a store or any other public place. This will aware of them and helpful in stopping the occurring of such fall incidents. Also, don’t forget to keep a copy of the written report.
- Document everything important: It will be very helpful if you manage to get the information about the name’s phone numbers, emails of the witnesses. Such information will help you in a legal claim.
- Examine the area of fall: It is very important to examine the area where you fall so that you can come to know about the reason for the falling. The reason could be any such as uneven flooring, spills, slippery floor, and many others.
- Don’t forget to take some pictures: Also it is important to remember to take some pictures of the location where you met with that fall accident. Also collect all the details about how you feel, the area where you fell and other details such as date and time.
- Don’t give any statement: Keep yourself calm and don’t communicate too much with the owner or the manager. Avoid posting any pictures or details related to an accident on social media. Also, don’t provide any statement to the insurance company before speaking to the attorney.
- Call an attorney: Many such falling cases are not very easy to prove so you will need the help of an experienced attorney for any legal action.
So you should know that there is no reason for you to get suffer from such falling accidents due to someone else’s negligence. Do follow these steps as these will provide you great support during such incidents.