Slip and fall mean merely that falling, slipping or tripping. Injuries occur in the Slip and fall. When the injuries are caused because of someone else, then we become liable to sue them. Compensations are provided if someone else is proven guilty.
Should I file a case?
Yes, everyone should. Its kind if the owner accepts their mistake and provides compensation. But sometimes they just put the blame back on us. In such cases, the culprit needs to be sued.
Who is liable in Slip and fall cases?
In a Slip and fall case, the owner is only responsible if it was his fault. Coincidences can also cause accidents, but owners can’t be sued for that. The liability arises only if
- The property owner has been careless towards maintaining the property.
- There dangerous condition was well known to the owner, and they have failed to rectify it.
- The owner has been unable to follow his duties and responsibility causing slip and fall.
Why should anyone hire a lawyer?
When someone is a victim of slip and fall, the owner tries to prove its innocence against them. For taking the matter into court, a good lawyer is needed.
- A lawyer will help in filing the case into the court.
- There are many pieces of evidence required to prove someone guilty in court. The lawyer will collect the testimonies with your help.
- All the documents become necessary when a case is filed. One should save photos, videos, and all even all medical claims.
- A lawyer can use many records in the case. It’s better if we always remain truthful and open with them.
The Slip and Fall Lawyers are experienced in such type of cases. Hiring a good lawyer is the first step towards winning an argument.
The claims and compensations in Slip and fall injuries will depend on many things
- Extent of the accident
The accident may be big or small. It may have affected one person or a big group of persons. A court will take all considerations into account before assigning a penalty to the guilty. If the accident was big, it’s recommended that all the people affected should join together against the offender.
- Extent of the injury
The area of damage depends upon the scope of the accident. An accident can cause a small wound or even deaths. If someone is a victim of Slip and fall accident, It’s better to report the matter so that the infrastructure is repaired soon.
- Virtue of carelessness shown by the owner
The extent of indifference indicated by the owner is significant. If the owner has been careless and uncooperative, they will be sued with higher penalties.
An accident can merely be an accident sometimes. In Slip and Fall cases some question always arise at the beginning which helps in checking the offender.
Was the owner careless?
What was the extent of carelessness?
Was the owner aware of its infrastructure being accident prone?
How many similar accidents have happened at the same location?