Working in Australia is one of the most coveted dreams of the people looking to build a promising career abroad. The spectacular tourist spot is also a place with evolving economy and high paying jobs for the skilled international workers. No wonder, why a large pool of jobseekers wonder about how to migrate to Australia.
Over the past few years, there’s a shortage of skills supply in the country, which has driven the Australian employers to look for the skilled international migrants by paying higher salaries. The statistics reveal that Brisbane, Adelaide & Sydney have the most prospective career options for the skilled migrants.
Basic Requirements of Skilled Migration to Australia
Availing the work visa in Australia requires the candidate to qualify certain eligibility criteria. While the applicant has to undergo a multi-level evaluation process, the following list can give you a good idea of the minimum standards an applicant must meet in order to be eligible for Australian Visa:
- Age– The applicant must be under 45 years of age while applying for Australian Work Visa.
- English language– The potential immigrant must have sufficient command over English language to work in Australia. The language competency of a candidate is measured on the basis of International English Language Testing System
- Qualifications – To apply for Australian Visa, the skills and qualifications of an applicant must be evaluated by the relevant assessing authority in order to judge if the applicant is nominated
- Nominated occupation – While applying for the Australian Work Visa, the applicant is nominated for a skilled occupation that aptly fits with the skills and qualifications. Before applying, the candidate must Skilled Occupations List.
- Skills assessment– Before you apply, you must have your skills assessed by the Australian assessing authority designated to assess your nominated occupation.
- Health assessment– This is one of the most important eligibility criteria for availing Australian work visa. The applicant must undergo a medical assessment by the concerned authority in order to ensure that he is in reasonably good health.
- Character assessment – This is nothing but criminal record check of the candidate applying for Australian Immigration Visa.
General Skilled Migration Visa Subclasses
This is one of the major parts that you need to take into account while exploring about how to migrate to Australia. Under the Australian General Skilled Migration Program (Skillselect), there are five visa subclasses. Candidates need to score at least 60 points from the Australian General Skilled Migration Program (Skillselect) points table in order to be considered. Here’s the list of five Visa subclasses that you need to avail for skilled migration to Australia.
This is also a point-based visa for the skilled workers who are not sponsored by an employer, a state or territory, or a family member. With this visa, you can live and work permanently anywhere in Australia and eligible family members can also be included in your Visa application. This is a permanent visa, which allows the Visa-holders to stay in Australia indefinitely with complete work rights. The prospective applicant needs to submit an Expression of Interest through SkillSelect before applying for the visa.
This visa is intended for the skilled workers who are nominated by an Australian state or territory. A person holding the skilled-nominated Visa (subclass 190) is among the premium Australian Visa holder, who can live and work permanently anywhere in Australia and eligible family members can be included in the application. Once the applicant submit an Expression of Interest through SkillSelect and get nominated by the state, he will then receive an invitation to apply. The applicant immigrating under Visa subclass 190 also has the eligibility for Australian Visa.
Australian Immigration Visa, under subclass 485, allows migrant students who have completed at least 2 years of study in Australia to live and work in the country for a minimum period of 18 months to 4 years. Subclass 485 visa can be categorized into two streams.
- Graduate Visa– Students who have completed at least 2 years of study in Australia and nominate an occupation from Australian Skilled Occupation List (MLTSSL & STSOL)) are eligible for Graduate Visa. However, the course of study should be in line with the nominated occupation. Subclass 485 visas granted under the Graduate work stream are valid for 18 months.
- Post-study work- International students who have completed a bachelor’s degree or higher studies in Australia, are eligible to stay in the country for up to 4 years. Applicants for this stream do not need to nominate an occupation under the Skilled Occupation List (SOL). The applicants under Subclass 485 can stay in Australia for maximum 4 years. Here’s the list of qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or taught master’s degree – 2 years
- Research based master’s degree – 3 years
- PhD – 4 years
Skilled – Nominated or Sponsored Provisional (Subclass 489) Visa
Australian Immigration Visa under subclass 489 is intended for the skilled workers who are nominated by a state to work and live in a Regional or Low Population Growth Area. Otherwise, this Visa can also be given if the applicant is sponsored by an eligible relative living in a designated area in Australia. The visa is valid for four years, where the applicant can also include eligible family members in the application. After living 2 years and working for 12 months under Visa Subclass 489, the applicant gains the legal eligibility of Australian PR.
Skilled Regional (Subclass 887) Visa
This is a second stage permanent visa which does not depend on point based criteria. The Subclass 887 visa grants full legal permanent residence to its holders, but to avail this, the applicant has to be a holder of one of the following visas
- a provisional Skilled – Independent Regional (subclass 495) visa
- a provisional Skilled – Designated Area – Sponsored (subclass 496) visa
- a Bridging visa granted because the applicant has made a valid application for a subclass 495 visa.
Why should you contact Immigration Help – Leading Australia Immigration Consultant in Delhi India?
Immigration Help is the registered MARA immigration consultants that guides you appropriately for availing Skilled Migration Visa to Australia. Being the registered MARA Agents in Delhi, we can provide you comprehensive details about the Australian Visa requirements. Immigration to Australia is a serious decision, especially when you want to settle there. So, when you are exploring about how to migrate to Australia, under skilled migration visa, the licensed and experienced Visa consultants can help you find the right path A lot of people often get misguided by the consultants having least knowledge. So, don’t fall into this trap. Make your plan about Australian Immigration a successful one.
If you are looking for best immigration consultants for Australia in Delhi India Adelaide Australia who can be of assistance in every step of Australia Immigration, you can contact Immigration Help at 87506 10000 / 87506 80000 (India) / 0433303774 (Australia) or drop an email at: email@example.com, Visit: www.myimmigrationhelp.com.