Before actually understanding the need to create booster clubs and going forth with the effort, you should be specific with the purpose of creating the booster club. You should rest assured that booster clubs have been created for providing financial support and assistance to achieve the common goals of the booster clubs along with various kinds of school programs.
Purpose of booster clubs
It would be pertinent to mention here that booster clubs have several purposes inclusive of but certainly not restricted to:
- Any specific cause or purpose
- Conducting or organizing activities
- Scholarships for students
- Buying supplies for the school
- Various educational programs
- Facilitating different field trips
- Sports programs
You should rest assured to abide by the Booster Club Legalities. Consequently, you should prepare and abide by constitution and bylaws. It would be pertinent that you should elect officers as per the structure and process that has been defined in the bylaws. They would also be required to have TIN or tax identification number.
The booster clubs have been deemed responsible for their own accounting, tax status and financial records. They would be required to make their own arrangements for audit as required.
What are the various laws regulating booster clubs?
Booster clubs have been deemed separate organizations from school districts. Therefore, the governing boards should be approving guidelines along with fund-raising activities for such organizations. It would be pertinent to mention here that all organizations that have been organizing programs for raising funds for the benefit of the clubs, students and schools of district should acquire approval from the governing board of the district beforehand.
In order to meet the requisite, several school districts look forward to adopting a board policy along with administrative regulation. It would need them to follow the Laws Around Booster Clubs mentioned below:
- Completing and filing of application for creation of booster club.
- Submitting a copy of application along with up-to-date plan of activities for approval manually.
- Submitting a copy of the adopted constitution and bylaws of the organization along with application.
- Making sure that renewal applications has been inclusive of Rules for Running a Booster Club:
- Budget for the next year
- Annual financial statement for previous ending year
- Planned budget for various related activities
You should rest assured that annual financial statement should be inclusive of all kinds of expenditures and income for all events and fund-raisers.