GST registration is necessary for every taxpayer. Here, in this article, we will get an idea about step by step Procedure of GST registration online.
Goods and services tax (GST) is an indirect tax that is applied to the cost of certain goods and services. The business adds the GST to the price of the product and a customer who buys the product have to pay the selling price as well as the GST. The GST rates are differentiated for every product category. GST was introduced in the year 2017 and came into existence on 1st July.
GST registration is mandatory for every taxpayer who lies under GST criteria. The registration should be done by the taxpayers whose annual turnover is above 20 lakh(10 lakh for the North Eastern States).
Let us see how to get registered under GST and know the easiest way for registration.
- Visit the GST registration portal.
- Click on Register for the taxpayers.
- For new registration click on new registration from the drop-down.
- Fill the required details like State & District, Select a name of the business, PAN number, registered E-mail id, and Contact details and proceed.
- As soon as you proceed, you will receive an OTP on the mentioned contact number, enter the same and Continue.
- After confirmation, TRN (Temporary reference number) will be provided on the website. This number will be sent on your provided E-mail ID and Contact number as well. This number should be noted as this number will be utilized for completing the further procedure.
- Now you have to visit GST portal and click on Register now.
- Here, enter your TRN (Temporary reference number) which you received a few minutes back.
- Complete the CAPTCHA process and Proceed further.
- After entering the TRN, you will receive an OTP on registered Contact number/E-mail ID, enter the same and proceed further.
- The application will be shown in Draft, you can edit it.
- Here you need to mention the Business details and the list of documents such as Passport photographs, Business proof, Bank details, Incorporation form.
Submit and visit verification page, and submit required documents such as DSC(Digital Signature Certificate).
- On the reference of DSC provided, the link will submit an OTP on contact number linked on Aadhar Card and with EVC the OTP will be sent on the contact number provided on the portal.
- After submitting the details, you will be provided with the ARN (Application Reference Number) which will be again sent to your registered Contact number and E-mail ID.
With this ARN number, you can easily check the GST registration details on GST portal.
This is the step by step procedure for Registration of GST, for more easier procedure visit GST portal and register your business under GST with ease.