Since 1938, The Walthew Law Firm has been serving the people of Western Washington. There are times when your physical or mental health gets affected because of someone else’s fault. Due to which you end up losing money or your job and on top that you might have to pay medical bills. Which is not justifiable at all. But there’s nothing to panic because you can hire the best personal injury attorney by your side in the difficult times.
Know More About Personal Injury Lawyers
When a person is suffering from any kind of physical or mental injury due to the negligence of some other person, company or entity. The victim might want to file a court case to seek justice. Then a personal injury lawyer is a lawyer who represents the interests of the victim in the court. The kind of law personal injury lawyers practice is known as the Tort Law and are usually termed as the Trial Lawyers. Personal injury lawyer must be qualified to practice the law by the jurisdiction of the state. The lawyers also have to pass an ethics examination so that they can be empathetic to victims.
When To Hire an Attorney?
According to the law, an individual doesn’t necessarily have to hire an attorney to represent him or her in the court of law. The individual can study the law and how to legally claim for the damage. Moreover, it will save the money on the legal fee. But cases like these are usually tricky, complicated and last a very long time. If you’re up against a big insurance company or a bunch of lawyers then this might not sound like a good idea. Going against experienced lawyers alone might lead to unsatisfactory results as they are expert in lowering the compensation or nullify your claims altogether. Here are some condition in which you might want to consider a personal injury lawyer;
- Severe personal Injury
- On job injury
- Auto Accidents
- Construction accidents
- Worker’s compensation
- Social security disability
Do I Have A Personal Injury Case?
If you have lost anyone or suffered yourself in an accident due to the carelessness of someone. Then you can file a case for monetary compensation under personal injury case. There are three basic things to prove in a personal injury case. We will explain this with the help of an example for your better understanding.
Example; If a driver crashes his or her vehicle in your vehicle because he or she was not following the traffic rules and you have gotten injured in this accident.
- The vehicle driver will be considered negligent under the law because he or she was following the traffic rules.
- Your personal injury is a result of the accident which was caused due to the negligence of the driver.
- Now the injury has caused damage and the vehicle driver is liable for the compensation.
How to choose a Personal Injury Attorney?
Before choosing an Attorney you should check if the law firm you’re hiring have these three basic qualities;
- Passion: Your attorney should be passionate and dedicated in order to provide you justice. They should believe and know the requirements of your case.
- Connections: Your attorney should be well-reputed in order to have the connections with people in this area as most of the personal injury cases can be sorted out of court.
- Experienced: How else would you know if your attorney is Passionate or well-connected? It is from the history and experience of the firm.
To conclude it all, a personal injury case can really turn your upside down physically, mentally and financially. Which makes choosing an attorney critical and non-compromising. The Walthew Law Firm is your solution if you live near West Washington.