It is estimated that 1+ million drivers are arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol and narcotics each year in the United States of America. This means that 1 in every 165 drivers drive under the influence of alcohol. While a DUI or DWI arrest is stressful event to undergo, it is vital to tackle the situation diligently. Thus, hiring a competent and experienced Bergen county DUI attorney can take some of this stress away.
But before you jump into hiring an attorney, here is what you should know first:
A DUI conviction can cost up to $20,000
Don’t underestimate DUI charges. They can cost you dearly in terms of resources. So, make the right choice by hiring a lawyer as soon as you are arrested. He/she knows how to handle your case and even get the charges dismissed.
Possible expenses from a first DUI offense
You do not have to be convicted to commence covering expenses arising from a DUI case. The expenses you will start running up vary depending on your location, but the most common expenses may include:
- Court fines and costs
- Attorney service fees
- You may lose your job and income
- Alternate transportation costs and car ignition interlock expenses
- Incarceration costs and increased insurance premiums
- Bail, car towering and monthly monitoring fees.
- Car impounding fees
- Periodic blood testing costs
A DUI offense can have a profound effect on your daily life. You may lose your driving privileges, your job, and even worse be jailed. As such, it is vital to equip yourself with options as quick as possible before things get out of hand.
First, come up with an explicit plan to take care of the daunting legal battle in front of you. Use the following key points when hiring the best attorney who has the capacity to win your case:
- Seek for recommendations: Ask friends for referrals.
- Do your research: You can visit the internet and compile a list of potential DUI attorneys.
- Book appointments: Most law firms offer free consultations. This will help you to evaluate if the layer in question understands your needs.
- List potential attorneys and carefully select the one you feel comfortable working with.
Hire an experienced attorney
A DUI attorney understands all traffic laws. He/she will zealously represent you in court so that your rights are protected and well-being preserved. An experienced civil law litigator should have a comprehensive understanding of the law. Therefore, if you hire a lawyer with a strong dedication, you will be lest assured that your case will either be dismissed or attract lessened penalties.
The Schreyer law firm features experienced, educated, and professional criminal defense attorneys. They exude confidence in handling all cases presented to them. Also, they utilize best practices in handling DUI defense cases to achieve the goals of the clients. So, don’t let your DUI case consume you.