The United States of America is holding the first place as the most productive business hub. All around the world are setting up US Business, from the small startups to major enterprises. The most efficient way to expand business in worldwide is to register in into the US Marketplace. But some circumstances don’t allow doing it in at instant.
There are many companies in law and financial spheres, which are working very successful in this area. Mostly they try to fix the wall of paper and e-work as fast as they can. However, the futures US business doers are refusing to get throw the nine circles of hell. The problem is they don’t know the primary rules how to do that.
Now watch for the main tips about company registration in USA, it you are not the resident of the USA.
Tip One. What is important to know?
The possibility for downside is a lot. That is because the US law doesn’t give a simplified procedure for non-residents. Also the IRS (Internal Revenue Service) sets quite a lot of fuses to avoid the money luandring, bribing, fictional ops and enterprises etc. However, the right way to enter the US market is to mark the prority which kind of business you need.
The non-resident should decide which king of activity is better to fir the future goals of company. So it is necessary to find out the following one:
- What company’s type is being set up;
- C-Corporation or LLC Tax Comparison;
- A place for compan’s incorporation ;
- Place for company’s doing business;
- The type and activity of the business;
- Type of licenses, registrations, permits etc.;
- The staffing needs for physical location and size of facilities.
Tip Two. Which form of corporation is the best to choose?
There are two best options for non-resident to open the company:
- Standalone entity: a corporation owned by the group of founders, investors, stakeholder or employees as the separate entity from the existing company.
- Subsidiary entity: Corporation formed as wholly an entity, a wholly-owned subsidiary of existing companies registered outside the USA.
Tip Three. What the documents do you require for setting up the US Business?
The types of documents depend on the form of corporation.
Look at the table to see the diffrences about BC (the left) and the LLC (right)
|Formation||Certificate of Incorporation, or
Articles of Incorporation
|Articles of Formation or
Articles of Organization
|Governance||Organizational Minutes and bylaws
optional: shareholder agreement
|Ownership||Certificate for each shareholder||Member Certificate for all Member|
|Tax||Application for Employer Identification Number – IRS Form SS4|
|Due Diligence||Federal Law certain nationals prohibited by Federal Law (Iranians, North Koreans, Cubans, for example,
from owning US assets including US companies.
What about the personal package, it would have the following staff:
- Incorporating Inc. / Corporation. Like Google Inc.
- Certificate of Incorporation No.
- Bylaws of the company.
- Board Approval of Organizational Resolutions.
- Employer Identification Number from the IRS.
- Assistance in Opening a bank account.
- Assistance in Bank Deposit Agreement with Silicon Valley Bank.
Tip Four. How to plan your US business activity?
It is important to say that the prodecure of US registration and activation of your business is quite long. That’s why you need to plan:
After Company Planning Stage, the Action Stage should be fast and very smooth :
- Provide the nesessary documents
- Form the Company
- Register the company as needed in other states
- Hold the organizational meeting, appoint the officers and directors,
- Obtain the federal Employer Identification Number
- Prepare and file BE-13 Survey with United State Bureau of Economic Statistic
- Open your bank account
- Start business: lease, rent or buy office space, market the products, hire employees etc
Tip Five. What about the fees and tax rate?
The appropriate Form of BE-13 is due within 45 days after a new US business enterprises is established, the acquisition of an existing US business is completed, or an expansion of already reported company has begun.
The whole info about the formation of BE-13 taxation, you can see here.