Regardless of whether you are a victim of a car accident case, or are at fault, you definitely need legal help, and it is always best to find assistance as early as possible. Your first meeting with a Grand Junction auto accident lawyer is an important one, and in this post, we are sharing a few things that must be discussed.
- Ask about the law firm. There are many firms in and around the Grand Junction area, and you want to be sure that the concerned attorney has experience with car accident cases in particular. There is absolutely no shame in asking for references, or details of the cases they have handled so far.
- Share your version. In auto accidents, there is always a blame game happening, and it is important to be as honest as possible with the lawyer as possible. You want them to know the best and clearest version of your side, so that they can take action and approach the case accordingly.
- Talk about your losses. If you are the victim in the car accident, you have to ask about the losses that you have suffered. Beyond medical bills, your compensation claim can also cover for mental trauma, loss of wages, and other losses, like any permanent disability or injury.
- Know the possible outcomes. Ask your attorney what they expect from the case. They can offer a fair idea of the outcomes, depending on the situation and facts. In some circumstances, they may just suggest dropping the claim, because the compensation expected may not be worth the time and effort.
- Ask about the fee. Most lawyers either work on retainer basis, or they may ask for a percentage of the compensation they get for you. Both ways, it is best to know their fee structure in advance.
Shortlist a few attorneys in Grand Junction now!