Who hasn’t dreamed about moving to a remote, idyllic island and spending the rest of the life being close to the beauty of nature and the convenience of everyday life?
Especially in these Covid-infested times, moving yourself and your family away from the overcrowded cities to the quiet and safety of a sparsely populated place that’s strewn with abundant nature sounds like the perfect proposition.
If you’re also fascinated by these thoughts, be informed that doing that is no longer a far-fetched dream that you can’t materialize. With beautiful island countries like Saint Kitts and Nevis, and their liberal citizenship laws, you can easily turn those dreams into a reality.
Located in the Leeward Islands of the West Indies, Saint Kitts and Nevisis is the smallest sovereign state in the Western Hemisphere, in both area and population. A Commonwealth realm, the island country has Elizabeth II as its Queen and head of state.
Officially known as ‘The Federation of St Christopher and Nevis’, this twin-island nation of the Caribbean Sea is a tourist hotspot owing to its tropical climate, turquoise waters, and pristine beaches. But the country is not all about tourism; rather, it offers a perfect mix of relaxation and business.
And that’s exactly what makes the twin-islands the perfect place to retire to. But how easy or difficult is it to move to St Kitts and Nevis and become a citizen? The answer would be an unequivocal ‘pretty easy’.
The St Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment Program
To help people looking for a second citizenship for either unwinding or for business, St Kitts and Nevis has a made very simple and direct ‘citizenship by investment’ option. And it works as simply as it sounds: you can become a citizen by making a certain investment in the country.
The St Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment Program, which was established in 1984, is the oldest economic citizenship program in the world. The program allows business people to invest in this peaceful country and earn citizenship for themselves and their families.
And once you become a citizen of St Kitts and Nevis, you become the holder of a powerful passport that allows you to travel visa-free to more than 150 countries around the globe, including the European Union, the United Kingdom (UK), Brazil, Singapore, and Hong Kong.
Requirements for applying for Citizenship by Investment Program
The island country of St Kitts and Nevis doesn’t place any unnecessary restrictions to discourage people from moving in the territory. Instead, it encourages investments and offers citizenships by keeping requirements basic and rational. Some of the requirements are as follows:
- The applicant must be of at least 18 years of age
- He/she must be of good character with no criminal record
- He/she must pass a detailed background check run by St Kitts and Nevis authorities
- The applicant must also be able to provide proof of the source of funds
- He/she must also be in good health
Why choose St Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment Program?
There are countless reasons to choose St Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment Program. Besides the fact that you’ll be living in one of the most beautiful places on earth, here are some reasons why you should consider earning citizenship by investment in the island country.
- You will get full citizenship status through the program
- You won’t need to visit or stay in St Kitts and Nevis to earn citizenship
- There won’t be any interviews of English language requirements
- You won’t be required to give up your original citizenship; you can keep both
- You will enjoy visa-free travel to 150 countries including the UK, the EU, and Brazil
- You will not be charged any foreign income, capital gains, gift, and inheritance tax
- Your business and assets will be protected by the excellent asset protection services and business environment